Don't Steal Them!

It has been so very long and I can not help but apologize for my long absence. Now I know what I signed up for starting a blog. I had no idea that some of my fellow worshipers from church read this blog. I was pleasantly surprised when I got asked why it had been so long since i put anything up.....Anyway, In the time gone by, I have been busy and of course noticing things to share. 

"Don't steal the decor" was occasioned by the disappearance of a few decorative pieces from a wedding I did recently. The walkway from the entrance of the premise to the hall we used was quite long, so we deployed markers to guide guests as they made their way to the wedding. When the wedding closed, the floral pieces were gone!

It is rather unfortunate that we attend events with the mindset that the host and or hostess are probably rich and have thrown a party for want of what to do with their money. Not everything we see on display at functions belongs to them. They probably have rented them just to aide us all have a good time. Very often, when an event is over, drinking glasses, cutlery, linen napkins, decor etc just disappear. 

When you are invited to an event, it is to enjoy what you are served, dance to the music and share the company of the host or hostess and to create lasting memories of whatever event it is they have chosen to celebrate with you. The point I repeat is not for you to cause them "financial loss"! After all, it costs no less than GHc 50 per head host guests to fair reception. So taking stuff that has been rented, and leaving them with a big bill in lost items is unfair and unacceptable to say the least.

Please lets be each others keeper. Don't steal the stuff and certainly don't look on unconcerned as someone else does. If it is not nicely packaged and presented to you, it is not a souvenir, don't steal it! 

In loving memory of all the stuff I have lost at functions!


Love always
YSO

Comments

Popular Posts