2:15 - A Bible Tribute to a Christain President

I remember with clear precision, exactly where i was and what I was doing when the news was broken to me. "Yvonne... Atta Mills is dead." I dropped to my knees and shouted Oh NO! We have finally killed him. The next few thoughts that rushed through my mind were about Ghana and his wife. Until then I had not thought for a second about an instance such as that and whether or not we had structures to guide us through a seamless transition. Thank heavens for the advent of bringing professionals into studios to educate us the lay.... I corrected my illiteracy and was soon assured that we were covered.

Post my initial reaction I went into thought about the symbolism of the facts of his passing. A little too much literary appreciation classes but yes that is what I did. Social commentary weighed on his faith and that consumed my thinking.

So I went looking into the Bible to see what I could find labeled 2:15 ( the time of his passing). I focused on the new testament and here we go:

Mathew 2:15
where he stayed until the death of Herod. And so was fulfilled what the Lord had said through the prophet: “Out of Egypt I called my son.” - Egypt to Israel was a place of suffering, slavery and unappreciated service. Maybe, just maybe,  our Ghana was his Egypt! He was called out.

Mark 2:15While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and sinners were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. - Jesus was clear about the reason for his coming, He came for the sinner, the publican, the gentile. He was accessible to all.  Maybe, just maybe our late President tried to be that way.

John 2:15
So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. - The Professor may not have had a whip of cords, but if the stories are true then he did lay down the law when the need arose. At least he told the west in VERY CLEAR terms his position on homosexuality! God bless his soul

Romans 2:15
They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) - Need I say more? "God is the President of Ghana", "God is in the castle", "Ghana will not die but live to declare the goodness of her creator the Almighty"

I Corinthians 2:15

The person with the Spirit makes judgments about all things, but such a person is not subject to merely human judgments, - No Comments

Ephesians 2:15
by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, - Asomdweehene?

Philippians 2:15
so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky - I know we do not speak ill of the dead but lets face it... isn't it strange how from every side of the divide we heard glowing tributes... unsolicited to say the least in certain cases?

II Thessalonians 2:15
So then, brothers and sisters, stand firm and hold fast to the teachings we passed on to you, whether by word of mouth or by letter. - I bet these would be his words to the youth in his party. Will they listen?...Posterity will tell!

Hebrews 2:15
and free those who all their lives were held in slavery by their fear of death - Mans every under taking is a response to our inert fear of passing on! At the every least JEAM has compounded that fear... after all now it is clear that not even presidency, power etc etc is enough to stay the gates! Wait a minute! Come to think of it may be, just may be, he has freed the high and mighty. May be, just may be, they are free now to relax and live as ordinary people paying attention to the finer things of life, instead of obsessing over security, stocks, million dollar deals, private jets and the like. 

James 2:15
Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food - JEAM will clothe and feed them especially on his birthday. And if for any reason, he had to work, he would send, good old Cadman to make the donation!

I Peter 2:15
For it is God’s will that by doing good you should silence the ignorant talk of foolish people. - Instructive wasn't it that the funeral cloth was called Se Asa(It is over isn't it)

I John 2:15
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.- Its seemed unusually SIMPLE of an African leader, the sights we saw on television of his home both in Accra  and in the central region. "After all how many cars can Atta-Mills drive at a time" I heard him say once on Radio

I don't know about forever in our hearts, especially the OUR part, but oh, I am cork sure, that as sure as this country is called Ghana, there never again will be another 2:15 as was on July 24, 2012! Never!


With All My Love

 YSO








 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts