I'LL SCREAM DOWN THE BUILDING!

The next time I walk into any institution especially a public one, and i am tossed about from office to office doing "errands" and asking questions I will scream down the building! What in Gods HOLY name were intercoms made for if i have to go and ask someone " whether she can enter it from her machine?" To think the intercom was on her desk and she was having a conversation on it....

In the event that the intercoms don't work, I would like to know if it is the customers job to round robbin, doing internal communications. Basic customer service norms would indicate otherwise if one bothered to look. 

The lazy, slouched in the chair, surfing the net and answering my questions with retorts without looking into my face is unacceptable. In fact, considering that my job is fundamentally a service oriented one, I refuse to be treated like this anymore. After all, I am  sowing what I except to reap.So between the law of Karma and my good self, we have decided that enough is enough!

In the same breath though, I would like to say thank you to the GENTLEMAN APANA, who unlike his colleagues, decided to catch up with us and resolve our problem immediately! Whiles his colleagues said to go and wait till we were called, he chose to come and fix the problem without asking for the infamous "transportation, pure water and or koko" allowances.

I am sure for everyone reading this, there is more than one experience of like manner. When will we change? When do we hope to start doing what we are in fact paid to do and doing it right? When will it dawn on us that the customer is king? 

To the institutions who give out annual awards to people and organizations for good customer service practices, I would like to know, do we award the best of the lot? Or do we have a standard to which we hold them? In which case, there should come a time when at the close of the year, there will be a possibility of no one winning, because on one made the mark?

I believe that until we resort to such strict  measurements, WE ALL will take each other, our business and time for granted which i believe is a BIG part of why we seem be perpetually driving at 15km per hour in the development lane.

Lets be better people, lets just be better... we are capable of it!


Love
YSO

Comments

  1. No wonder their service is so poor! I say privatize all of it and we will see a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its amazing ehhh! Sometimes I just wonder if the problem is our governments or our attitudes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attitude, Yvonne. They get into government with the same attitude so it looks and feels like its the government but its all about the "Poverty of the Ghanaian Attitude"

    Solution:
    - Format/Flash all impure attitudes
    - Reinstall updated attitude (Pure Version)
    - Apply frequent patches of accountability and discipline

    **

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL Michael,

    God HELP our homeland Ghana even before HE blesses it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YSO, You just got to kuul it,
    Service Provision in Ghana today is defined as "take my rubbish am offering you or leave it because i have no competitors, anyway" What I have learnt from bad service provision is that if i don't get ahead of my competitors, i lose my clients, i lose my business, i lose my job and finally, i lose my livelihood. I hope the people who need this are reading this stuff. Now for the records. The intercoms are supposed to provide the "I too I dey office" kind of feeling. Good for those who think surrounding themselves with all the needed office equipment signifies success. That is why most CEOs decorate their desks with PCs they have no idea of operating. Just to create that "IMAGE". We have a loooooooong way to go darling - if you ask me. In the meantime Big UPS to APANA whoever you are. Keep up the good works cos God is watching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Point taken about the gadgets. Good to understand. Some of us were born and bread in the private sector so we lack understanding of some of these dynamics.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts