Loud & Clueless

Across most categories of behavioral rules, being loud is often not a very well tolerated trait. In fact one of the most instant put off triggers is the trait of being loud. To some extent, it does make me think of empty barrels. 

Just as sat to plate of rarely eaten breakfast, a rather very well dressed man walked into the cafe and here is my record of the exchange between him and the waiter. Oh no, I was not eavesdropping.... He was LOUD!

Nice Guy (NG) walks in
Waiter: Good morning what can we offer you?
NG: Whatever you will eat today
Waiter: What I will eat we don't serve here, (smiling)
NG: What is it?
Waiter: Tom brown
NG: What is that? ( I am thinking okay.. you look and sound Gh so whats up). Anyway give me English Breakfast with coffee.
Waiter: Ok Sir
NG: What is in the English breakfast?
Waiter : starts to list offerings...
NG: because I don't like sausage, I don't eat baked beans.
Waiter: And bacon?
NG: What is that?
Waiter : whispering... PORK
NG: As for bacon i don''t mind, I am not muslim
Waiter: Serves tea tray
NG: handing the waiter the milk mug... Please give me Ideal....


All be this exchange very hilarious, one would wonder, why in Gods holy name he wanted an English breakfast? Did he ask for that to show off? Does he know what an English breakfast is? Did he know that he had almost eliminated all the KEY components of an English breakfast? 

My take away from today's observation? He seemed clueless which is PERFECTLY okay! I just wish he had been a little less loud. A show of ignorance in such grande manner can only be reminiscent of overconfidence, which in itself is not the greatest of qualities to have.

So thanks to my well dressed man, I have learned today not to advertise my ignorance. I hope you have found this post worth the read.

From a not-so-loud-me

With All My Love
YSO

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts