Pearl of the East 1

Welcome back!


I hope you have been trudging along fine and not allowing life to get to you too much?

In my relaunch post,  I promised among other things to share the pleasant surprises I found in my recent travels around Ghana. Bolgatanga is the regional capital of the Upper East Region. I think the city is blessed to have been chosen to host this amazing hotel called Akayet! I call Akayet amazing for a few good reasons, chief among which is SERVICE!!!


When  our team arrived a 5:40pm on July 26,2017 after nine or so odd hours on the road, we were surprised at how happy, available and proactive the staff were. For starters, it was the only place on that trip where we didn't have to help the staff carry our luggage or do it all by ourselves. I am not only referring to our personal luggage but event logistics too. That was a big lift and yes all twelve of us on the team noticed it. Reminds me of the adage about actions and words😂💭


Without extra costs,we were assigned a holding room cum office and this was super handy. Just when I thought the show was over, there was the bit about complementary dinner for the team...I was in heaven!!!


Then came meeting day, i was filled with joy when I found out that, all the way in Bolgatanga, contrary to popular opinion and expectation, I am in a venue that has banquet staff standing around waiting on us, attending to our needs. Like for real? I didn't have to go to the reception to ask for every minute little thing? I didn't have to pull out my cell phone to summon assistance? The staff didn't have to wait for the owner to arrive or his manager son to take a decision or grant a request? Heaven!


They drove the nail home when the marketing manager: who had been my point person in the planning process, walks up to me and says " since your stay here is so short, i'd like to know what you guys would like to buy and take back to Accra so that i can arrange for it to be brought here." Bliss bliss bliss


At the point of our stay there, the hotel had a little under sixty finished rooms and for that reason some of our guests were out-boarded. Believe me, it run like clock work and I, in fact, forgot about that detail until I sat down to write this post.Need I say more? 


 


Views from my room

all my love as always

YSO

Comments

Popular Posts